title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Noob having an issue ripping CD's

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kbf
    • Aug 2010

Noob having an issue ripping CD's

I'm in the process of ripping my CD collection with dbpoweramp. Having done 20 CD's or so, I'm noticing an issue that seems to be re-occurring quite consistently. When I rip a CD, I seem to be getting an "accurate" rip of just about all the tracks on the first pass. However, the last track on each CD will almost always require a pass in Ultra Secure mode. Often this results in a "secure" rip for that track (which I guess I can live with) but sometimes it ends up as "insecure". It just seems odd to me that with a random selection of CD's, all of the tracks are ripping accurately except for the last one. I'm no stats expert but it seems like the odds of this are fairly long. It's causing me to think I'm either doing something wrong or something is amiss with my hardware. Any thoughts?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Noob having an issue ripping CD's

The last track is the most difficult to rip, but if it is happening on a high percentage of your CDs then I would say it is the drive which is at fault.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>