title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question about destination folders

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • souwalker
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2009

Question about destination folders

By default ripped audio files are placed in the Music folder saved under \Artist\Album\Artist - Track Number - Title this option could be changed to suit using Set next to Naming

Per above instructions, I already have an Artist folder, say Larry Carlton. This artist folder has the Album folder then the files within that folder : Eg Larry Carlton>Alone But Never Alone>FLAC files.

If I rip another lary Carlton CD, by default dbpoweramp, I think will creater another artist folder (Larry Carlton).

How can I configure dbPoweramp, if I already have an artist folder and rip more CDs for the same artist, to just create the CD album name and onwards?

Rgds
    Patrick
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Question about destination folders

It would use the existing : Larry Carlton folder, if the spelling is the same.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• souwalker
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      It would use the existing : Larry Carlton folder, if the spelling is the same.
      So you're saying that dbPoweramp will not create another Larry Carlton Folder if one already exist (created by dbPoweramp?

So it works differently if I created the folder Larry Carlton? I created Larry Carlton and when I rip, dbPoweramp created Larry Carlton too.

Rgds
      Pat

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

The spelling has to be exactly the same, if it is the existing folder is reused.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
          The spelling has to be exactly the same, if it is the existing folder is reused.
          and be careful: for example I think Larry Carlton with a space after the "n" is different than Larry Carlton with no space.

Comment

Working...

]]>