title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

will there ever be a mac version of this software & the batch converter?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sossity
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2010

will there ever be a mac version of this software & the batch converter?

I have just recently bought a mac, & realized this is windows only, will there ever be a mac version of this? it is a good program, & would reach even more customers on macs.

Also, I will probably be getting a copy of windows to run some of my windows programs, including my registered copy of this on my mac.

once I can get windows running on my mac, how do I transfer this to it? I have a registered copy of this now on a pc.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: will there ever be a mac version of this software & the batch converter?

There are no current plans. To transfer just reinstall from the download link.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• SamuelJames
      • Jun 2010

Bootcamp, will operate windows programs on a mac.

Comment

• levman
        • Jul 2010

Run Windows on your Mac under Parallels as a virtual machine. I run dbpoweramp this way, and it works great - much better than the few Mac OSX ripping apps I've tried.

One really nice feature of Parallels is something they call Cohesion - this is a mode where any windows app can run right on your mac desktop, without needing to open up a full windows session on your desktop ... so dbpoweramp looks and acts like just another application on your mac. dbpoweramp will also be able to see and act on all the files on your Mac, even when stored in the Mac file system.

I run pretty much all of my ripping and tagging tools (dbpoweramp, Tag&Rename, Easy CD-DA Extractor, etc) this way, and have not had a single glitch. I like this approach better than Bootcamp, since Bootcamp requires you to boot into one environment or the other, whereas Parallels lets you run Windows apps under OSX.

Comment

• danielaparker
          • Jul 2010

Has anyone gotten dbpoweramp to work on a MacBook Pro with vmware, running Windows 7?

I'm getting errors attempting to rip a CD, e.g.

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '\\vmware-host\Shared Folders\Music\Righteous Brothers, The\Unchained Melodies\Righteous Brothers, The - 01 - Unchained Melody.flac'

Thanks!
          Daniel

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Were there any other error messages other than that one line?
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>