title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem reviewing PerfectMetadata matches in CD ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AndyU
    • Jun 2010

Problem reviewing PerfectMetadata matches in CD ripper

I have a licenced copy of dBpoweramp. When I select Meta > Review PerfectMeta Matches the columns under AMG, GD3, Music Brainz and freedb are blank. This is so for all the cds I try.

I have just downloaded the free version of dBpoweramp on another pc. When I put the same cds in and select Meta > Review PerfectMeta matches the columns under AMG etc have valid data.

So I am getting a set of PerfectMeta matches on the free version of the ripper, but not on the one I have paid for!

I have checked the configuration of the paid version and it tells me I have 234 days access remaining on my PerfectMeta data. As far as I can tell I have the right options set.

I would be grateful for some timely help.

Thank you.

Edited to add: I have reinstalled the paid for version this morning, and the probem persists, so it does not appear to be a version issue.

Edited to add: Aha!! I know what the problem is. On the paid for version, dBp retrieves the metadata from it's cache (by chance I used cds I had already ripped) and so does not get any other metadata. If I click the "Meta" button, it retrieves online metadata fine. Because I hadn't ripped any cds on the pc on which I had loaded the free version, all the online metadata was retrieved without needing to click the "Meta" button. Sorry to trouble you. I notice further down this forum there is a post from someone with a similar sounding problem.
    Last edited by AndyU; June 17, 2010, 08:47 AM.
  • bootieday
    • Jun 2010

Re: Problem reviewing PerfectMetadata matches in CD ripper

Weird, this just started happening to me today as well. Reboot my Win7-64bit workstation, still does not work. Was working perfectly up to this point. I have ripped about 300 CDs thus far.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Problem reviewing PerfectMetadata matches in CD ripper

You have posted:

I just noticed that I am no longer seeing AMG and MusicBrainz data in the PerfectMeta review screen. I have 334 days left in my PerfectMeta subscription and have verified the following are checked: PerfectMeta (Intelligent Lookup) All Media Guide [Internet] MusicBrainz [Internet] Allow dBpoweramp to access the Internet

here that it is now working.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>