title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping produces errors

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Poro
    • Jun 2010

Ripping produces errors

Hey,

So, I was pushed here by the Hydrogenaudio community and I figured I would download the trial before I buy this. However, I got some problems with ripping. I've tried Madonna's Ray of Light and Lacuna Coil's Karmacode albums and both have the same problem. When I start to rip, it will first go through the ripping phase, but after the ultra secure -phase it will determine that there's about 2000-4000 frames that have to be re-ripped. This takes ages, so I've just canceled the rips.

I've set it up to do secure rips as good as I could using the guide on this site but I'm not sure if it's correctly set up after all since I get these errors. I have LG GGC-H20L BluRay drive with 1.03 firmware. How should I set it up? I mean, there's a lot of conflicting info. LG specs says that it has 4MB cache, but Cache Explorer only lists 36kb cache. Also, dBamp will crash when I test the cache.

Also, does this support C2? I've tried googling and some people say it should and some say it doesn't. I tried burning a cd and scratching it like told to in the guide and the test will say it's C2 compatible, but it says it almost immideatly, so I guess it's not detecting correctly?

Also, does this support Lead in/Lead out thingy?

I hope you can help me to get the ripping working, so I can get perfect copies!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping produces errors

Lead in/out is not overly important.

You mention two discs giving errors, do other discs rip ok?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Poro
      • Jun 2010

No, those are the only discs I have tested but both are in perfect condition.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try some more discs (without c2 pointers checked).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Poro
          • Jun 2010

Hmm, well it started ripping Lady Gaga's The Fame Monster. But can I be sure the rip is 100% exact now that I'm not using C2? I guess "Rip status: Accurate (200)" means it should be perfect rip?

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

AccurateRip is a better indicator than c2, it cannot be fooled. If AccurateRip says it matches then it does.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Poro
              • Jun 2010

Thanks a lot but I have my final question. If AccurateRip says the file doesn't match, but Secure rip tells me that it does, is it perfect then? By the way, the application is working much, much, much better than the previous ripper I used (Winamp). With Winamp, I had something like 5x read speed and with this one I have +30x. This also uses my most of my cores while encoding and overall, it rips faster and more accurately than Winamp, which was slower and didn't verify at all. Great job on the ripper!

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

>, is it perfect then?

Perhaps, but you cannot be 100% sure. Try R14 of CD Ripper (in the beta section of this forum), it can check other pressing discs to your pressing.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>