title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

First track as separate file

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ejl
    • May 2010

First track as separate file

Hi,

I've just downloaded this program (CD Ripper). I've noticed that most of my my first rips are appearing in my destination files with the first track segregated in a separate file as 'track 1'. I've tried turning off the "Prevent detection of hidden track", but that doesn't help.

Moving the first track file to the same file with the rest of the CD doesn't help either; all the CDs are failing to recognize the first track in my players (Media Monkey, iTunes). The track 1 on every rip remains unassociated with the album.

I am using "Multi Encoder" and sending two copies of each rip to different files, in case that might be a factor.

Thanks for any help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: First track as separate file

Try without Multi Encoder until you get get it working.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ejl
      • May 2010

Spoon,

Thanks for the suggestion. It still happens with Multi Encoder off. Basically, I'm getting two files with each rip. One containing track 1 (unnamed -- just 'track 1') and the album cover art, the other containing the rest of the album.

When I move the track 1 file to the file with the rest of the album, it doesn't recognize it as the first track. So all my album tracks start with track 2 :(.

I've tried both FLAC and WAV file formats; same result. I'm sure it's something simple, but I can't figure out what.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try a total clear (all settings as well):

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

reinstall and rip on default settings.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ejl
          • May 2010

Spoon,

Thanks again. I uninstalled and used the total clear. It ripped on default settings without a problem. I then started adding my settings and everything worked fine until I re-added the multi-encoder. Then the same problem appeared.

So that's probably where the trouble is. This time, when I turned multi-encoder off again the problem disappeared, unlike before.

I was trying to rip into both FLAC and AIFF with the multi-encoder. The machine is a Vista 64 PC. For now I'm just going to rip FLACs and use a conversion utility for making separate AIFF files later.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

What options (re output folder and dynamic naming) do you have set for the multi-encoder.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ejl
              • May 2010

Spoon,

It's rip to FLAC and AIFF.

FLAC goes to its own sub-folder on my NAS (E:/ .... /archive-FLAC).
              AIFF goes to my C: hard drive in another sub-folder (C:/..... /archive-AIFF).

Dynamic naming is: "[artist]\[album]-[title]" for both.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

For one example disc what exact filenames does it create? (for track 1 and track 2)
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ejl
                  • May 2010

In each destination file (FLAC and AIFF), it will have the same thing.

One folder containing tracks 2 onward only. The folder has the artist name (e.g., "Califone") Each track track in this folder is correctly titled.

A second folder is titled simply "-Track 1" and contains the first track, but titled only 'track 1' and the album art.

In a few cases, the track one and album art weren't put in a separate folder at all, but just copied to the destination file. In these cases, the first track was still titled "-Track 1" and the album cover was titled "Folder".

By the way it did not do this with every single album, only about 2/3rds of them.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

I am sorry to say I have not got a clue what is happening, if you have any security software try disabling it as a test.
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>