title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Years

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • musicmatters
    • Mar 2010

Years

Hi all,

Just getting to grips with first rips using the dual encoder and am a bit confused with the year tag. Should all the tracks share the same year as what I assume is the album release year? Is there a way to have the year on each track show the track release year?

thanks in advance
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Years

Normally year is constant for all tracks.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Mahay
      • Dec 2012

Hello,
      Is there a way to add two different years for the same song? I mean, one for the release date of the song and one for the release date of the album. The reason I say that is because for the case of a best of album or a compilation, most of the time the songs has different release date than the compilation/album itself. I find it better if you are able to add both with the future update/upgrade.
      My suggestion is the "year" tag can be used as release date of the song and add another tag "Album year"
      Last edited by Mahay; December 04, 2012, 01:20 AM.

Comment

• dbfan
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Jan 2011

You could create an album year tag, but you player might not work with it.

Comment

• RLANE
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • May 2011

Originally posted by musicmatters
          Hi all,

Just getting to grips with first rips using the dual encoder and am a bit confused with the year tag. Should all the tracks share the same year as what I assume is the album release year? Is there a way to have the year on each track show the track release year?

thanks in advance
          If you have the Compilation box checked then you cna individually set the year for each track.

Comment

Working...

]]>