title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Read into Lead-in or Lead-out

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tonco
    • Feb 2010

Read into Lead-in or Lead-out

dBpoweramp CD Ripper: Setup Guide Advanced Option suggests that I visit www.deaefeatures.co.uk to determine the statuts of my CD drive. My drive is HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH15L. This site states that all HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM drives support overread Lead In. Accordingly I checked the box 'Read into Lead-in or Lead-out' in the dBpoweramp CD Ripper options screen. However after ripping various CDs the ripping log always reports " ** Drive is unable to read into lead out, uncheck over-read option." Any suggestions please?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Read into Lead-in or Lead-out

You cannot rely on deafeatures all the time, it is just user submitted data and many people do not have the correct discs to test overreading.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tonco
      • Feb 2010

Hi Spoon, many thanks for your reply. Maybe my CD drive supports Lead-In but not Lead-Out? Does that make sense. After all the error message states "Drive is unable to read into lead out, uncheck over-read option." It doesn't mention lead-in. Do you recommend that I check or uncheck the over-read box? Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Depends on the drive offset, only lead in or lead out is overread.

I would uncheck this box.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tonco
          • Feb 2010

Many thanks for your help. Highly appreciated.

Comment

Working...

]]>