title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Manual Metadata review not retrieving data

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanGerbil
    • Mar 2010

Manual Metadata review not retrieving data

I am running the latest version of dMC Reference.
    Initially when running the trial version I had full access to the metadata databases by pressing Alt-M. I could select which versions of information I wanted from particular databases and all the advertised functionality worked fine.
    A couple of weeks ago this stopped and the database buttons (AMG, GD3, MusicBrainz, FreeDB) at the top of the Alt-M window are greyed out. I don't get any info displayed.
    I thought it was maybe because I was on trial, although still had a few days left, so I've purchased the Reference version and run the install. I've also activated perfectMeta.
    Checking other threads, I've confirmed that I have selected all the options - PerfectMeta (intelligent Lookup) is ticked, as are all the databases. Those that are configurable are set to access the internet.
    I've put in disks which I ripped before and know had entries in all the databases, but it doesn't matter - no metadata for any disk.
    What's wrong?! I've still got hundreds of CDs to rip and I really need PerfectMeta to be working.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Manual Metadata review not retrieving data

CD Ripper >> Meta Drop Menu >> Retrieve From >> All Media Guide

does that work?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TexanGerbil
      • Mar 2010

Yes, I can retrieve from any of the providers and it updates the metadata. But it won't display them simultaneously for comparison on the Alt-M page.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Make sure there is a check mark next to PerfectMeta in the Meta Data drop menu.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• TexanGerbil
          • Mar 2010

Well that's bizarre. Perfectmeta was already selected, I haven't touched a thing since last time, but the comparison feature is now working again.

I presume I must have done something wrong but none the wiser as to what.

Anyway, thanks Spoon, I'm up and running again!

Comment

Working...

]]>