title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

reccommended external or internal DVD/CD burners

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sossity
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jan 2010

reccommended external or internal DVD/CD burners

I have ripped through most of my CD collection, & about 20 or so have ripped with errors, & on one thread someone suggested that it could be my DVD burner. If I get a new one, what models would be good & the most reliable? even with scratched CDs?DVDs? Preferably under 80.00 dollars.

I am on the fence about it, I have tried re-ripping the problem albums, cleaned them, tried a lot of scratch fix tips I found on Google, but it is not working on most of them. Would it be more cost effective for me to just replace the CDs? or buy a new DVD/CD burner in the chance it would be able to get error free rips from my problem CDs? The DVD burners I have now & have been using to rip were bought in 2004, & 2006.

Some people have suggested buying download versions of albums to avoid getting possibly scratched used CDs. But I want lossless rips, downloads are all mp3 that I have seen so far. I like the control over the quality when I have the physical CD to rip my self.
  • texasflood
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2008

Re: reccommended external or internal DVD/CD burners

I've had pretty good luck with a Lite-On eSAU208 slimtype external drive that also supports lightscribe (if that interests you). I got it from newegg.com for well under $80. Also, I think Spoon has a sticky about the most accurate drives, but I don't recall if it specifies whether they are internal or external.

Comment

Working...

]]>