title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Configuration of AccurateRip fails

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • peterkj
    • Jun 2009

Configuration of AccurateRip fails

I know that there are several threads on this topic in the forum, and that the majority of them are saying that you simply have to insert a sufficient number of CDs and then at some point the configuration will take place. Now, I am ready to go down that route (as soon as I have collected a larger number of CDs from my store room), however, I cannot see how it would solve anything in my case.

First, I installed dBpoweramp Reference on my new Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop. Installation went fine. I then inserted a CD. The Configure AccurateRip dialog box popped up saying that “This Audio CD can be used to configure AccurateRip”, I clicked on Configure and … the configuration failed.
    “This Key Disc cannot be used for offset detection (it does not match the one stored in the AccurateRip database), please try a different Key Disc.”

I then downloaded the trial version, and installed that on my other laptop (Windows XP Professional SP2 32-bit). Installation went fine. I inserted the exact same CD. I got the exact same dialog box saying “This Audio CD can be used to configure AccurateRip”. Clicking the configuration button ….. the configuration went fine.

So now I am a bit confused. How come the CD was good enough on the WinXP laptop but failed on the Win7 laptop?

I have tried both with Norton Internet Security 2010 turned on and off to no avail. PerfectMeta appears to work fine, and so does the actual ripping (dBpoweramp reports rip status as secure).

The optical drive of the Win7 laptop is a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GA31N; on the WinXP laptop it is a NEC –DVD+RW ND-6100A.

Any ideas? Should I simply just try more CDs?

Many thanks
    Peter
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Configuration of AccurateRip fails

The XP machine has the cd drive in its database, so that disc can be used. If it is not in the database you need 3 matching discs where there are not different pressings of that disc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• peterkj
      • Jun 2009

Thanks Spoon,
      I will insert more CDs ....... ;-)

Comment

• peterkj
        • Jun 2009

I inserted more CDs and AccurateRip got configured ....
        :smile2:

... I think these CDs did the trick for me:
        • Simon & Garfunkel - The Concert in Central Park (CDGEF-88575 43)
        • The The - Mind Bomb (CDEPC-463319 21)
        • Steve Winwood - Back in the High Life (00422 830 148-2 02 * 51392366)

/Peter

Comment

Working...

]]>