title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

C2 settings vs. profiles?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pjc2
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2009

C2 settings vs. profiles?

I'm trying to set up a few different profiles, some using C2 error detection and some not. But the C2 settings under "secure settings" don't seem to be part of the "profile". If I turn them on, they stay stuck on, even if I switch profiles. Similarly, if I turn them off, they stay stuck off.

Is that intentional? If so, why? (Alternatively, is it a bug?)
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: C2 settings vs. profiles?

Yes they are a per drive setting, not per-profile (profiles are not limited to specific drives).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pjc2
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      Yes they are a per drive setting, not per-profile (profiles are not limited to specific drives).
      OK. It's just confusing that some drive-specific information (overread) is elsewhere, and some drive-specific information (C2) is intermingled with profile-configurable information.

It's further confusing since the manual says that you might adjust certain profile-related parameters based on whether you're using C2 or not. (Maximum number of re-reads, ultra-secure settings, etc.) So since those depend on whether C2 is in use, it seems like C2 ought to be part of the profile as well.

I can work around this, it's just a bit awkward.

Comment

• pjc2
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by pjc2
        OK. It's just confusing that some drive-specific information (overread) is elsewhere, and some drive-specific information (C2) is intermingled with profile-configurable information.
        Aha -- I just noticed the UI hint for the profile-vs-drive-specific distinction. Everything drive-specific has a faint yellow background (including the drive-selection drop-down menu), no matter what window it appears in.

That said, I still find it reduces some of the usefulness of profiles not to have the C2 settings be part of it -- use of C2 influences many of the secure settings, such as maximum re-reads, ultra-secure settings, how much time to spend on a track, etc.

Comment

Working...

]]>