title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Program Not Responding

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chunky77
    • Jan 2010

Program Not Responding

Hi,

Been ripping CDs for over 2 weeks no problem. Last night it just seemed to die. Had to reboot PC. Will rip now but very slow. Couple of CDs just hang after about 3 tracks. I cancel the rip, but the program just hangs. Hit the red cross top right hand corner then it says program not responding.

Should I delete dbpoweramp and reinstall?

Cheers
  • Johnnymag
    • Jan 2010

Re: Program Not Responding

Hi Chunky - not an answer here I'm afraid - just to say I'm in the same boat approximately.

Was ripping perfectly Friday night, but on Saturday morning the ripper would not boot up - just get about 2 seconds of the programme front end on screen then it goes white inside the frame and the timer (blue circle in Vista) spinning then a couple of minutes later "not responding".
    I've uninstalled and re-installed but still get the same.

I have dBpoweramp Reference R13 - R13 bought on 15th January, using Vista (automatic updates) on a Quad Core Intel plus zyxel NSA220 Plus network storage.

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks

Johnnymag

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Program Not Responding

Follow:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

To totally wipe, then reinstall using default settings.

Also see:

Q. My CD drive is ripping very slowly? A. Try ripping to Test Conversion (set to no speed limit), this rules out a slow encoder, an average CD drive might start at x10 and get to x25 for the last CD track (the x speed can be seen on the tool bar whilst ripping). If the speed is obviously slow, around x2 and your computer seems
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>