title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Comparing files with AccurateRip database?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yetagain
    • Jan 2010

Comparing files with AccurateRip database?

I'm not terribly experienced with AccurateRip, but what I have noticed is that the check that's performed to find if something is accurate/confidence level of ___ only occurs right as a CD is being ripped? Is that right? I was wondering if there was a way to compare files already ripped with the database, if that was possible. I think it could be quite useful.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Comparing files with AccurateRip database?

The issue is recreating the CD from the files, as a guess can be made (such as CD start frame), but if there was a data track on the CD (CD Ex) then there is no way of recreating the AccurateRip lookup hash.

There is something called Cuetools which will lookup cue sheet images against AccurateRip.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• yetagain
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      The issue is recreating the CD from the files, as a guess can be made (such as CD start frame), but if there was a data track on the CD (CD Ex) then there is no way of recreating the AccurateRip lookup hash.

There is something called Cuetools which will lookup cue sheet images against AccurateRip.
      Thanks. I'll look into that. One question... if something is considered accurate, does that mean it's confidence is less than 2 and that's it?
      Last edited by yetagain; January 13, 2010, 06:26 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Accurate is an accuraterip verification, even a confidence of 1 is good enough if you have never submitted that disc yourself.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>