title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CD Ripper is reacting slowly on Win7-64bit Core i5-System

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • technik-bastian
    • Apr 2009

CD Ripper is reacting slowly on Win7-64bit Core i5-System

I am writing from Germany, so please excuse me if my English may be not always correct.

I used the dbPowerAmp-CD-Ripper Reference on my old WinXP-32bit-System. Now I got a new computer with an Intel core i5 and Windows7-64bit. I installed the latest dbPowerAmp-Version from the website but it is reacting boring slow. Much slower than on the old XP-System. The ripping is pretty fast but all the menus, like when I review the Meta-Data it takes the computer seconds to react even on keyboard input. And when I have to scroll in an options menu that takes seconds too. Not a lot of fun using the programm anymore :-(

Hope you can help me...
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CD Ripper is reacting slowly on Win7-64bit Core i5-System

Open task manager and see if something is taking the CPU usage?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• technik-bastian
      • Apr 2009

No, nothing. I can switch windows and one is reacting normally and CD Ripper isn't. It's definetely something with the CD Ripper...
      After clicking it takes the computer 2-3 seconds to start the CD Ripper. And once it is open and when I the click on the "Options"-Button it takes the programm 7 (!) seconds to open the Options-window. There is no more fun using the programm...
      Last edited by technik-bastian; December 13, 2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try setting Options >> Communication to Windows Internal, does that help?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• technik-bastian
          • Apr 2009

Try setting Options >> Communication to Windows Internal, does that help?
          Yes, that completely solved the problem. Thank you very much. Hope that I will be able to rip accurately with the limitation that come with this setting...

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Only c2 pointers are unavailable in that mode.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>