title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Metadata is not getting encoded for all songs

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowboyclinto
    • Dec 2009

Metadata is not getting encoded for all songs

I am ripping songs using Windows Media Lossless format on a Win7 x64, quad-core system. I confirm that all songs have all desired Metadata before ripping. After ripping, quite often one or several songs will be missing all metadata including artwork. Upon re-rip, the songs usually contain all Metadata. What is causing this? I have 5 different CD burners from which I rip songs (internal and external), and this seems to happen with all of them. Even though I have 5 drives, I'm only attempting to rip with one of them at a time.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Metadata is not getting encoded for all songs

Something might be stopping dbpoweramp from writing the tags (such as a virus checker), R13.3 had special code to retry writing the tag for half a second or so.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

Maybe something is getting hold of the files preventing the tag information being updated. Is WMP running at the same time?

Comment

• cowboyclinto
        • Dec 2009

No other media software is active and running. No other active programs are running except in the tray except those related to my mouse and printers, etc. but none of those are related to media players, etc. AVG Free is running and there is no way to disable it; however, I have never had an issue with AVG causing issues with programs in the 3 years I've been using it. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to when the metadata issue starts and which song the issue occurs on. It may be song 1 on one CD and song 12 on the next. It happens with all 5 attached CD drives. The it's not just part of the metadata for the song that doesn't get encoded, but all of it. Could the hand-off from one core in the quad-core processor to another be the cause of it? The problem is that the issue occurs so frequently, that dbpoweramp is nearly unusable due to all the re-ripping that I must do. I love dbpoweramp, but understand that I have over 4000 CDs to rip and having to keep stopping and re-ripping is killing me.

Comment

• cowboyclinto
          • Dec 2009

I'm also wondering if maybe this is a a result of some nuance of the Windows 7 music libraries. I have the external HDDs to which I am ripping all of this music set to be monitored by the media libraries as I use Media Center as my primary music server for the pc. I thought that the the music library would only update when either Windows Media Player or Media Center is launched, but this may not be true.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You can set avg to ignore the extension of the audio type you are writing.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jemhayward
              • Feb 2010

I'm getting exactly the same problem, only a bout half of each cd ripped have tags, and re-ripping usually results in a different set missing tags... so getting a whole album onto asset is a nightmare. I'm using my laptop (XP) for ripping, but the files are stored on a different machine via the network, using Vista.

I may have to go back to EAC which was faultless on the same hardware.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try R13.4 (in the beta section) which will retry to write the ID Tags multiple times.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>