title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Put filename changes in tags during at rip time

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maggior
    • Sep 2008

Put filename changes in tags during at rip time

When I rip multi disc sets, I have dbPowerAmp configured to use a track number like 101 or 201 in the file name (e.g. 101 FristTrackDisc1.flac, 202 SecondTrackDisc2.flac). However, in the tags of the resulting FLAC file, the track numbers are still 01.

I've been handling this by updating the tags afterwards, but this is a pain, especially if I forget.

Is there a way to have the tags which are written to the file reflect the naming convention specified for the generated file names? I want my track numbers to be 101 and 102 in the tags in the FLAC file.

Thanks!
  • Teknojnky
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2006

Re: Put filename changes in tags during at rip time

no way to do that with dbpa, that I am I aware of

I use a script for mediamonkey to combine albums to this format tho

+1 for feature request tho.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Right click on the Track listing in CD Ripper and Apply an offset of +100
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• maggior
        • Sep 2008

Not quite the answer I was hoping for. :(

I'm currently using Media Monkey to fix it too. Foobar2000 could do it also.

The problem is that if I forget to update the tags and I add the files to my Squeezebox library, the order of the tracks gets messed up. Then I have to clear and rescan the entire library after I fix it - a real pita.

The multi-disc tag would be a logical solution, but I don't like the way the squeezebox handles it. The most compatable solution has been to use the 101, 201, etc convention. This also means that the files are listed in the proper order even in a file explorer such as Windows Explorer.

I would like to see this featrue added too.

How is such a request made for dbPowerAmp?

Thanks!

Comment

• maggior
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          Right click on the Track listing in CD Ripper and Apply an offset of +100
          But the idea is to do it automatically. It is really slick the way dbpa can handle this with the file name. I really like that feature. It would be great to apply this same "slickness" to the actual tag.

For now I'll continue to do the post processing on my tags for discs that are in multi-disc sets.

Comment

Working...

]]>