title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Optiarc 7190S Offset Detection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • V7Goose
    • Nov 2009

Optiarc 7190S Offset Detection

I am unable to use my Optiarc 7190S SATA drive with AccurateRip, as none of the key discs I have tried can be used for offset detection (according to the incorrect error message).

Here is the deal - I have two DVD/CD burner drives in this same computer. The first drive, an older Memorex IDE drive that does not support C2 errors, had no problem using my copy of The Beatles 1 to detect and report the offset. But the Optiarc drive, using the SAME KEY DISC, get the error message that the disc does not match the one in your database. Clearly that cannot be true.

I did find that 18 users have successfully detected this model of drive with 100% agreement for a +6 offset, but that doesn't seem to help me. Any suggestions? Thanx
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Optiarc 7190S Offset Detection

Perhaps the drive is faulty? or keep trying discs.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• V7Goose
      • Nov 2009

Re: Optiarc 7190S Offset Detection

Thanx for the quick reply. I can certainly keep trying other discs and hope one finally works, but I have to wonder why I should even go to the effort. After all, we know for a fact the key disc that worked on my first drive is a valid key disc, so if your system reports that it doesn't match when used in the other drive, why should we consider any rip valid?

I can understand the possibility of a fault in the drive, but so far it has passed every test I have thrown at it. In addition, I have seen similar posts from other users (but on different model drives), so this is not a unique situation. I'm not sure I care about using AccurateRip any longer; I'll have to cogitate on that some.

Comment

Working...

]]>