title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Time for a database update ;)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sauvage78
    • Nov 2009

Time for a database update ;)

We're the 1rst november, 3 months have passed since the last database update, it's time for a new database update

Thanks for accuraterip & see ya the 1rst February 2010 for the next reminder
  • Buck Swope
    • Oct 2008

Re: Time for a database update

Originally posted by sauvage78
    We're the 1rst november, 3 months have passed since the last database update, it's time for a new database update

Thanks for accuraterip & see ya the 1rst February 2010 for the next reminder
    The database definitely needs updating... the sooner the better.

I noticed that there were a couple of discs that I know were in the AccurateRip DB... but now they are not. The submissions have disappeared. Maybe they are updating the DB as we speak?

Comment

• vladicus
      • Nov 2009

Could anyone explain why the database doesn't update so long?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Because it is a manual process and takes time, I have not had the time recently, an update is forthcoming.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sauvage78
          • Nov 2009

I just wanted to say thks for the update as I had LOT of rips affected.
          Mainly NPID>AR1 or AR1>AR2 progressions & a few AR1>nAR & AR1> NPID regressions.

... and indeed some huge AR boost for new releases like the new Muse, Mika, Alice in Chains, Megadeth & Paradise Lost albums ...

I haven't noticed anything specially bad yet but I haven't re-checked rips already accurate for regression.

The weirdest thing was a few significative boost (+10/+20) on some non-new CD just as if those have been left out for some reason unexplained last time & are now included. But I don't really care ... I gave up trying to understand weird results as I never succeded yet to find AR faulty on a scratch.

I think one update every 3 months is the good rythm.
          Personnaly I would like AR to be updated once in January/April/June/September so that updates are not random.

Anyway if you don't do a January update,
          see ya in late february/early March for the reminder

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The last update was delayed as the code to update the database needed updating to handle the size of the database (it was failing with the last update). Normally once a month is the update schedule.

In the last 3 months the number of users has jumped up by 1/3, hence why there are discs with a large boost.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MnM
              • May 2009

Originally posted by sauvage78
              I haven't re-checked rips already accurate for regression.
              How do you do that, other than by popping the CD back in? And even then, often the CD Ripper cache doesn't seem to hang on to data for that long.
              Last edited by MnM; November 15, 2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

• Teknojnky
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2006

foobar can check lossless rips (with or without cuesheet) against AR, and I believe cuetools as well.

Comment

• MnM
                  • May 2009

Thanks jnky

Comment

Working...

]]>