title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

accuraterip match/mismatch semantics

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patton1976
    • Aug 2009

accuraterip match/mismatch semantics

Hello there,
    Something occured to me, and I was wondering if anyone could verify it for me: I rip a cd, but the CD ripper says that according to accuraterip, 'n' (variable of your choice) other rips disagree with my own. My own rip has no errors, and all clean passes (on a plextor drive, verified to support FUA and C2) the cd ripper claims secure. The question is, are the 'n' other rips, all identical rips, or are we talking about a number of rips that may themselves all differ?
    What I mean is, if, say 5 other rips, are to disagree with mine, then are those rips from other users verified identical, or are we talking about possibly 5 completely different other rips?
    thanks
    Pat
  • Porcus
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2007

Re: accuraterip match/mismatch semantics

Originally posted by Patton1976
    I rip a cd, but the CD ripper says that according to accuraterip, 'n' (variable of your choice) other rips disagree with my own. My own rip has no errors, and all clean passes (on a plextor drive, verified to support FUA and C2) the cd ripper claims secure.
    The n are identical, but of a different pressing. Different pressings do typically differ by the number of zeroes before the first 1, something which was not addressed when AccurateRip was established. If you go to hydrogenaudio.org and find the CueTools application, it will check by offsetting.

If I am not mistaken, Spoon will implement this in version 14 of the ripper.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: accuraterip match/mismatch semantics

Note only if all the tracks are in-accurate, if just one track is inaccurate then despite the drive saying (through c2 and re-reads), I would believe accuraterip if the confidence as 2 or more.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>