title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Setting for ripping multi-disc sets?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wondermouse
    • Sep 2009

Setting for ripping multi-disc sets?

I have 13.3 reference edition and I can't seem to get my head around the settings for the naming conventions.

I want to try and set the defaults so that if Z:/ is my root music folder:

1. If ripping a compilation album (compilation is ticked) then it rips to the "compilations" folder. Z:/Compilations/Album/xx - artist - title.mp3 (where xx is the track number)

2. If not a compilation it rips to the root of Z:/ so Z:/Artist/Album/xx - title.mp3

3. BUT if a multi disc set (ie disc number is not equal to 1/1) it adds the disc number at the front so result will be either Z:/Compilations/Album/2-xx - artist - title.mp3 (where 2 = disc 2)
    or
    Z:/Artist/Album/2-xx - title.mp3

I've tried a number of things but can't seem to get it right! All help appreciated!

PS: Why is the meta data on multi-disc sets mostly wrong when it comes to disc number? Most read 1/1 instead of 1/2, 2/2 etc.

Many thanks

WM
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Setting for ripping multi-disc sets?

Often a multi disc set is released as a single CD as well with identical disc.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Try the below:
      Code:
      [IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[Album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] - [IFCOMP][artist] - [][title]

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

Wondermouse:

Often the metadata sources err on whether the disc is comp or not. I have a profile for comps and one for non-comps, my CDs are sorted according to comps or not, and then I change manually.

Comment

• wondermouse
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by LtData
          Try the below:
          Code:
          [IFCOMP]Compilations[][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][]\[Album]\[IFMULTI][disc]-[][track] - [IFCOMP][artist] - [][title]
          Looks superb - thanks for that :-)

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to you!

Comment

• dhcernese
            • Dec 2010

I've been using a setting like this to handle multi CD sets for a long time:
            Code:
            [IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] CD[disc][]\[track][] - [title]
            It seems to me, sometime in the last year, the metadata sources started added ", Disc n" to the album name? Am I mistaken about this? ..or is it random? What have you seen?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

R14 should automatically remove any ', Disc x', if it is on the album name it is because the option is set in CD ripper to add it on multi-disc sets.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>