title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Need more info about "Calculate Audio CRC" 'codec'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foobaz
    • Sep 2009

Need more info about "Calculate Audio CRC" 'codec'

I read about the "Calculate Audio CRC" 'codec' that the converter uses and I have it installed but I can't find any information about it. Is the CRC in a rip report generated by this codec or by the core app? Is the CRC of the audio content or just the file? I read at another forum that it can calculate a CRC of just the audio content of a file regardless of format. Is this true? How can it be used to compare a ripped lossless file to the original on the CD?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Need more info about "Calculate Audio CRC" 'codec'

It is a CRC32, or an MD5. When ripping there is shown a CRC32 and AccurateRip CRC (which is not crc32 or md5)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• foobaz
      • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
      It is a CRC32, or an MD5. When ripping there is shown a CRC32 and AccurateRip CRC (which is not crc32 or md5)
      Yes the two are different but is the one that is the non-AccurateRip CRC of the file or the audio data? Is there any way to compare it to the audio content of the CD?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is audio only.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• foobaz
          • Sep 2009

OK, now I see. The 'codec' paradigm for this plug-in is fairly complete. You just select the files you want to compare and open the converter and select 'Converting to: [Calculate Audio CRC]'. Not completely intuitive but it works. Is there any setting that will keep the output file open? It automatically tries to close after about 10 seconds.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The crc results shown in Notepad should not auto-close after 10 seconds.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• foobaz
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Spoon
              The crc results shown in Notepad should not auto-close after 10 seconds.
              I'm using UltraEdit but I don't see why it would behave differently. I can elect to keep the file open at least but I was hoping there was a setting to change the timeout.

Comment

• foobaz
                • Sep 2009

BTW is there any way to run the dll from the command line or is there an executable of the plugin?

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Per the help file for the Calculate codec, there is no way to run it from the command-line.

Comment

Working...

]]>