title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Rip taking 2 Hrs for 5 tracks?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tom6897
    • Sep 2009

Rip taking 2 Hrs for 5 tracks?

Ripping speed shows 15x, Ide set to enable DMA, using DbPA Just downloaded today. Used set up guide as directed. As of right now it has taken 2Hr 15 min to rip 5 of 17 tracks on a brand new cd. At this rate it will take me 3.5 yrs to rip my collection! What can you suggest?:(

I am running vista 32, AMD Turion64 X2 2.4 Ghz and 2 GB of ram. 250 GB Hard drive, 80 Gb freespace. Pioneer DVD-DVR K17LF 48X
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Rip taking 2 Hrs for 5 tracks?

A x15 speed rip would rip a full CD in about 4 minutes, try a burst rip how long does it take?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tom6897
      • Sep 2009

Thanks Spoon for the reply.
      In burst mode I'm showing 7x ripping speed, after 15 minutes only 2 files out of 16 have been ripped encoding shows 0% for both files. Total disc time is 74min on cd being ripped. 551.18Mb. total.
      What settings could I have screwed up? I used the settings suggested in the set up guide provided by DbPoweramp.

Comment

• tom6897
        • Sep 2009

Finally finished the rip in burst mode it took 13 hr 20 min. for a 74 min cd as mentioned above. I know this is not acceptable and I hope someone can suggest a solution. Has anyone had this happen to them? Please help. Spoon, Any thoughts?
        Last edited by tom6897; September 17, 2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

As a test install EAC and see how that rips, at the moment we do not know if it is hardware/software (windows or dbpoweramp)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Check:

Q. My CD drive is ripping very slowly? A. Try ripping to Test Conversion (set to no speed limit), this rules out a slow encoder, an average CD drive might start at x10 and get to x25 for the last CD track (the x speed can be seen on the tool bar whilst ripping). If the speed is obviously slow, around x2 and your computer seems

But it does not really sound like this (vista can self remove from pio mode, and if it shows x15 speed then that is the speed off the drive), try ripping with the encoder set to 'Test Conversion' to see how long it takes to rip the disc.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• tom6897
              • Sep 2009

Tested as you suggested still took over 2 hours. Eac was much quicker. I think the encoding is where it is taking forever. The rip takes 30 seconds showing 10 - 24 x speed, then encoding sits there showing 0% for hours before moving to the next track to be ripped. What do you suggest to improve the speed of the encoding action? All examples are in burst mode as these have been brand new cd's I am trying to rip.
              Thanks,
              Tom6897

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Encoding to any format should only take seconds, which format are you using?
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>