title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

File Naming

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • markahiles
    • Aug 2009

File Naming

Using the ID Tag Processing section in DSP Effects, I have set the capitalisation of the tags to have an uppercase first character followed by lowercase characters for each word.

How do I achieve the same result for the file names? I've had several attempts but to no avail.

I'm trying to build it around the default:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album]\[artist] - [track][] - [title]

Thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: File Naming

Filenames are not effected by this DSP effect, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• markahiles
      • Aug 2009

Thanks for the reply.

I realise that the DSP Effect is just for the tags, I'm trying to achieve the same result for the file names using the Set File Naming screen.

It gets a little confusing when getting into certain values. For example, I can successfully start my alterations as follows (from the right hand side):

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[UPPER][GRAB]1,1,[album][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[album][][]\[UPPER][GRAB]1,1,[artist][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[artist][][] - [track][] - [UPPER][GRAB]1,1,[title][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[title][][]

But when I get into other parts of the naming, it doesn't work:

[IFCOMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],Various Artists[]\[album]\[track] [artist][][UPPER][GRAB]1,1[IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][][]\[UPPER][GRAB]1,1,[album][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[album][][]\[UPPER][GRAB]1,1,[artist][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[artist][][] - [track][] - [UPPER][GRAB]1,1,[title][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[title][][]

I am unsure where I keep going wrong..

Comment

• markahiles
        • Aug 2009

To make it a little clearer, this is the section where I believe there is a problem:

[IF!COMP][UPPER][GRAB]1,1[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][][LOWER][GRAB]2,,[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][][][]

Comment

Working...

]]>