title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Blue Screen of Death

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • prisca
    • Jul 2003

Blue Screen of Death

Hi

New quad core pc, so upgraded to latest reference version. I didn't even get to put a cd in the drive before I got the BSOD. After 3 attempts, same problem so looked at at the error message on the screen. It referred to vburner.sys, which is installed with Tune4Win and this has a virtual cd drive.

Once I'd uninstalled Tune4Win, it all works perfectly.

This means that there is a conflict here between CD Ripper and Tune4Win, and I suspect that it's the drives as the BSOD occurred when it was drive checking. I also have a virtual drive from Alcohol as well, but that seems to be ok.

I would like to use both programs, depending on what I'm ripping at the time, so if anyone has any suggestions how to get round this, I'd be grateful.

EDIT:
    ************ Spoke too soon! Halfway through ripping a disc, BSOD again! Getting frustrated now, so any help would be much appreciated. *****************

Cheers
    Prisca :o
    Last edited by prisca; August 08, 2009, 05:06 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Blue Screen of Death

Uninstall all virtual cd drive - drivers, update the system drivers for Motherboard (especially ide/sata controllers).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>