title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Best way to rip XRCDs Accuraterip or Secure

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mariudan
    • Jul 2009

Best way to rip XRCDs Accuraterip or Secure

Hi All,

I have a lot of XRCD discs to rip and looking for the best audio quality.
    Here is how I want to approach this:

FLAC format
    Secure ripping (not accuraterip because it is comparing the information with different versions of the disc wich are not XRCD)
    4x speed
    Millennium CD-Carbon Mat
    CD-Rom drive is Plextor Premium Plexwriter

If anybody can help with this situation I would really appreciate it. I could not find anything on this forum about XRCD discs.
    Great forum.
    Thanks,
    Mariudan
  • EliC
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Best way to rip XRCDs Accuraterip or Secure

accurate rip is fine as it will only compare with other matching CDs (you will only be comparing with other XRCDs)

Do you have any XRCD and standard CDs that are the same album. I am curious to know if the TOCs are the same after different masterings.

Comment

• mariudan
      • Jul 2009

these two CDs have the same TOC and I think dbpoweramp does not differentiate between the two releases.

http://www.amazon.com/Famous-Blue-Ra.../dp/B001APH0UC Cisco GCD8011-2 Gold Edition

Thanks,
      Mariudan

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

XRCDs are just ordinary CDs. The "XRCD" thing is just the mastering process, like Sony's SBM. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extende...n_Compact_Disc

Turn AccurateRip on, somebody might have ripped it before you.

Comment

• EliC
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Porcus
          XRCDs are just ordinary CDs. The "XRCD" thing is just the mastering process, like Sony's SBM.
          yes, but a cd with a different mastering will not match AR for discs with non-XRCD mastering. As I said above, accurate rip is fine as it will only compare with other matching CDs (you will only be comparing with other XRCDs).

Comment

Working...

]]>