title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

C2 in dbpoweramp compared to EAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alexandreg
    • Jun 2009

C2 in dbpoweramp compared to EAC

I have some questions before I buy dbpoweramp...

First of all, I know that EAC with C2 mode enabled will read the cd, and read back every sector that was marked bad by the drive (c2 error) a certain amount of times and will take the most frequent data.

In dbpoweramp... How does it work? From what I read, It looks like the drive will read the data twice anyway and reread both c2 errors AND mismatches between the two extractions.... but it isn't very clear in my head so if someone could explain it to me....

Also, how can I test how accurate the c2 unrecoverable error reporting accuracy of my drives??

Thanks

Alex
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: C2 in dbpoweramp compared to EAC

Yes C2 is used during the re-read (detecting also miss-matches).

Testing C2 accuracy is not easy, there are tests you can do with EAC and a CD-R with lines drawn on it.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• alexandreg
      • Jun 2009

so let's try to make it clear...

DBpoweramp will read the cd one time. Read it another time. It will after this read for a certain amount of time all the c2 errors and the mismatches.

Is that it?

Also, what about c2? what is it exactly? I mean, does it is reported every time there is a c2 level error or is it only when there is an unrecoverable error and the need to interpolate?

Thanks

Alex

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

See:

There is a functional diagram of what the process is.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>