title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Won't regcognize d:Shared Documents

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • damole
    • May 2006

Won't regcognize d:Shared Documents

The My Documents and Shared Documents on my PC are on the d: drive yet when I navigate explicitly to

D:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\Shared Music\

to set the path, the files are still ripped to

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\Shared Music\ .

I've tried settings all the registry keys correctly in User Shell Folders and Shell Folders but still it rips to C:.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Won't regcognize d:Shared Documents

They might be on D, but the if you type %appdata% into explorer I am guessing that C:\Documents and Settings.... is shown not D:, which means windows is still set to use c:
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• damole
      • May 2006

True that these environment variable are still set to C:

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
      APPDATA=C:\Documents and Settings\damole\Application Data

but the 'Common Documents' registry variable is set to D: and as I explicitly navigate to D: using the Browse for folder dialog then I would expect it to write the files there. I like my data (My Documents, Shared Documents) on the D: drive for when I re-install Windows but the rest I'm happy to have on the C: drive. Normally even I navigate using the shell folder Shared Documents, not explicitly navigating form d:\Documents ... programs will save my files where I expect them.

[IMG] [/IMG]

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Make that folder a network share (probabbly already is), then right click on the share and map it to a fixed drive letter.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>