title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping and embedding artwork

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • weirdfish
    • Apr 2009

Ripping and embedding artwork

I'm about to start ripping my cds to a NAS (buffalo LS-CH500L) with a view to streaming over a Sonos system and feeding my wifes Ipod nano via her itunes.

I intend to do a primary rip into Flac and then have a seperate folder for lossy as when required. When I do the initial rip I want to embed the album art but I'm a bit confused as to the best way to do it.

I was initially going to dump all the flac files into a single folder but I'm unsure whether that's going to cause problems with the art, as surely you can only have one 'folder.jpg'. I'm trying to sort this out at the start rather than 100 cds in and having to correct it all.

I was also planning to rip to a folder on the pc then cut them over to the NAS in batches. Is that going cause issues?

Steve.
  • weirdfish
    • Apr 2009

Re: Ripping and embedding artwork

hmmm i may have jumped the gun :( Sorry. Good ol' noobies huh?

I think I may now do it a different way which makes the above pointless.

Comment

• pangit
      • Mar 2009

One of the things I dig about dBpoweramp is that it's fairly forgiving of how artwork is handled, thanks to the variety of manipulations that can be done later with the batch converter. I initially started ripping and storing my artwork in a way I later found out I didn't like, but I changed it with the batch converter and the "ID tag update" codec which doesn't transcode - it merely allows you to change the embedded artwork.

BTW, since you're about to start ripping, I'll recommend you check out this fantastic little artwork downloader utility I found on Sourceforge, called Album Art Downloader (http://sourceforge.net/projects/album-art). It made me a happy man!

Good luck.

Comment

• xerophyte
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • May 2008

If you rip your flacs into a folder for each album (which will make tracks a lot easier to find) then you can have a folder.jpg in each (album) folder with no problems.
        I have used the album art downloader and it has found covers for some pretty obscure stuff (Joe Venuti - Violin Jazz (1927!) and not found covers for other more common stuff. But it is free and worth a try. :smile2:
        Also, if you include album art in each tag file you won't actually need the separate folder.jpg file, though this is handy if you want to store your folders in thumbnail view and have a picture displayed.

Comment

Working...

]]>