title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC tags

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surveyor
    • Dec 2008

FLAC tags

I'm moving to using dBpoweramp from ripping with EAC and am trying to modify my process so that I get the same results as in the past. One problem that I can't figure out is with FLAC tagging. I used to rip my CD, then use The Godfather to edit the tags because it seemed more efficient to batch edit them there. After ripping several CDs to FLAC with dBp I tried to open up the tags in The Godfather and it claimed not to be able to change the tags, saying that the files were in use by another process. I shut everything else down, even rebooted with the same results. I know I'm probably being dense, but I can't find a way to edit the FLAC tags in dBpoweramp after I've ripped the CD. Can anyone enlighten me on their favorite ways to deal with FLAC tags? Thanks
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: FLAC tags

Open up dBpoweramp Configuration (See "Need to find your version?" below in my signature), go to the codecs tab, then click "Advanced Options", and tell us what your FLAC tags are set to, either Vorbis comments or ID3v2 tags.

Comment

• Surveyor
      • Dec 2008

The Tag Creation is set to Vorbis Comments

And thanks for the pointer to the Configuration settings. I knew I was missing something important. I'll peruse the settings a bit.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Vorbis Comments are correct.

Try right clicking on a FLAC file >> Edit ID Tag can dBpoweramp Change a tag value?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Surveyor
          • Dec 2008

I can right click on a file or group of files in an Explorer window and edit them, thanks to dBpoweramp. But my question about The GodFather is still not solved. The situation as I see it is that up until I bought and reinstalled dBp on Saturday I could edit the FLAC tags created when I ripped a CD. But after the reinstallation when I try to use The GodFather I get an error message telling me that the file are in use by another process, which can't be true because I rebooted the computer and was only running The GodFather. I'm running Win XP SP3. This is not mission critical, but I just liked the interface in TGF. Thanks for any ideas.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

It is a bug in TGF, especially if dBpoweramp can edit those id tags (if something had them open, even dbpoweramp it's self) that would stop the idtag editing.

As a final test delete one of the files to recycle bin, if it goes there (get it out after) then TGF is reporting rubbish about the file being used by something else.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>