title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Help on file naming... I already STF

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nvncibl
    • Jan 2009

Help on file naming... I already STF

Hi all. First time here. First Post. Please don't hate on me for this question as I'm not sure how to word the search.

I rent audio books and convert the audio cd's to MP3. I travel a lot and don't like to change disks while driving down the highway. Its kinda unsafe.

When I rip them into a file, I'm forced to change the name of each cd's track to 001, 002, 003, ect.. to keep them from getting confused by Nero for burning. I've looked through the settings but can't find a way to set it to name them how I want them named. Even to add "001" to disk 1 would save me a lot of time. I hate going through each folder and editing each track name !!

If this has been totally covered already, please just show me to the prior posting and I'll gladly read up. Thanks !!!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Help on file naming... I already STF

001 is the track number or disc number?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Nvncibl
      • Jan 2009

I usually add 001 to the track name for cd 1...

002 for cd2, 003 - cd3 and so on.

Example:
      001 Track 01
      001 Track 02
      001 Track 03
      001 Track 04
      001 Track 05
      002 Track 01
      002 Track 02
      002 Track 03
      002 Track 04
      002 Track 05

That is cd 1, track 01 ect...

I'd like to find a way to get the ripping software to do that for me. Maybe I'm just missing something really obvious but I cant find it in Media Player 10 or 11.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Re: I usually add 001 to the track name for cd 1...

Easy way that I can see: Alter your naming scheme to put [disc] as the first part of the filename. Then type in the disc number into the CD ripper at the top of the window.

Comment

• Nvncibl
          • Jan 2009

I'll try that...

and then post the results. Thanks

Comment

Working...

]]>