title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JohnColb
    • Dec 2008

Ripping Problem

Hello, I'm ripping with a Plextor PX712A. The soundtrack I'm ripping is a limited to 5000 2CD set for Dark Crystal so the accuraterip database results were limited to only 3 matches for the first and 2 for the second disc. I would like to note I just purchased this set used so I don't have past information on whether it played well or not.

The first disc with the exception of one track ripped on the first pass all the way through. When I started the second CD it ripped the first 15 tracks just fine with a rating of 2 on the first pass. After that each track (16-28) went to 3 secure passes and started reripping frames with numbers as high as 600-1200 each. I canceled those tracks. The CD itself visually looks unscratched and quickly playing two of the shorter tracks seemed to sound fine.

I tried my other drive (Pioneer DVR116D) and the same problem was occurring. I loaded the CD back into the Plextor drive and after having the same problem I closed dbpoweramp and ran EAC doing a test read. EAC reported back that it had read the tracks without any errors. I loaded dbpoweramp and tried ripping the problem tracks again and this time it reported it to be accurate in the first pass with a rating of 2 like the previous tracks. To be consistent I reripped the entire CD again after that and all 28 tracks ripped in the first pass with the same results (accurate rip rating of 2)

I was wondering what would be the possible cause of that and would you say the rip is truly accurate and secure? If not is there something else I should do to be sure? Thanks!
    -John
    Last edited by JohnColb; December 26, 2008, 11:48 PM.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping Problem

Manufacturing defect, they tend to show on the last tracks. Your drives are struggling with the last tracks.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

600-1200 frames on one rip, and then accurate on the first pass on another rip of the same track on the same drive makes me think the drive lost "accurate stream". firmware issue?

-brendan

Comment

• JohnColb
        • Dec 2008

Thanks for the response Spoon and bhoar! I was thinking the accurate stream issue as well. I went ahead and ran PlexTools both a read test and C1/C2/CU test and found an extremely low number of C1 (far fewer than most of my discs), 0 C2 errors and 0 CU. I've tested it a number of times after that and it's been fine. Is it possible it was just a software glitch or related to ide drivers? It seemed after I closed out dbpoweramp and reopened it there were no problems since. Either way if it's reporting an accurate rip with a score of 2 and I've listened to every single track which sound fine is it safe to assume it's an accurate rip?

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Even with a confidence of 1 it is a secure rip.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>