title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to retrieve ISRC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghmfranken
    • Dec 2008

Unable to retrieve ISRC

Although I like the dbPoweramp CD Ripper (R13.1), I am unable to retrieve the ISRC with the CD ripper. I am using a Plextor PX-755SA drive and with Plextools I can in fact retrieve the ISRC.

In 'Meta Data & ID Tag' I have enabled 'ISRC' under 'Write ID tags'. But when I use the 'Retrieve From -> CD-ISRC' the 'ISRC' column in the main window stays empty. Next to it, no ISRC tag is to be found in the .flac file after ripping.

Is there something I must do first in order for the ISRC retrieval to work?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to retrieve ISRC

We are looking at this early next year (for someone else).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ghmfranken
      • Dec 2008

Thank's for the quick reply.

If I start ripping my CDs now using dbpoweramp, is there an easy method of adding ISRC tags to the .flac files later? This is something you do not want to do manually afterwards :smile2:. I looked into the possibilities of mp3tag but it does not seems to do the job. Or is the best option then to wait for a new release of dbpoweramp? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• comp1mp
        • Nov 2008

I was wondering the same, and decided to start ripping my collection anyway. After some googling , my impression is that the standard's implementation has been problematic at best. In a perfect world, it would be useful to definitively separate different performances of the same song. In reality, its not dependable enough to accomplish this consistently. Besides, even if you had 30 versions of a song and no ISRC codes, you would still be able to filter on the song and have a good idea of the source of the song (live performance, original, cover etc.) based upon the surrounding metadata (album, artist etc.)

Spoon, do any of the meta services provide ISRC?

If not, and it turns out I was wrong about the ISRC's importance, then I'll be living the pain you are referring to Franken :smile2: . Did you have other uses in mind for the codes besides versioning a song?

Thanks,
        Matthew
        Last edited by comp1mp; December 17, 2008, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

AMG should provide ISRC and UPC, but not always.

Once ripped there is no real way of getting ISRC into the files (unless you do it manually)
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ghmfranken
            • Dec 2008

With R13.1 I was unable to retrieve the ISRC. I recently noticed there was an update.

So I tried the R13.2 release in order to see wether I was now able to retrieve the ISRC. Unfortunately this was not yet the case. Will this issue be resolved in a next update?

Comment

Working...

]]>