title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Question regarding AMG submission/retrieval methodology

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MikeWells
    • Dec 2008

Question regarding AMG submission/retrieval methodology

Hello all,

I'm new to your forum, so hi and thanks for hosting your forum and for the application suite, they are very cool tools. I purchased them and the metadata package a couple of weeks ago and have been playing around with them.

I have a question around the AMG metadata service after reading many existing posts and the FAQ:

It's my understanding that new product submissions to AMG are manual as stated here:
    AllMusic provides comprehensive music info including reviews and biographies. Get recommendations for new music to listen to, stream or own.

Whereas in CD Ripper there is the "Submit Changes To -> AMG" option. So a few questions:
    -Is this function only a change submission to an existing AMG entry, or can new submissions be sent via this method from CD Ripper?

* If new submissions are supported *
    -------------------------------------
    -Is your arrangement with AMG to allow submissions into their online metadatabase (not a local machine database) outside of the manual/product submission guidelines (if so that is incredibly good news).
    -Is album art submissions supported?
    -Will production credits be supported at some/any point from CD Ripper to AMG (similar to Gracenote's CPA)?
    -What is the lag-time from submissions (CD Ripper) into AMG, to then recognize disc metadata back-from AMG (ie / a CD Ripper disc lookup)? 24 hrs? 72 hrs? etc.
    -Does your AMG submission data propagate to the Windows Media Player application lookups?

* Regarding change submissions *
    ----------------------------------
    -Is there any "tier" model to your submission status into AMG (meaning your application submission has "higher status" or "lower status" than another submission method for collision/clobber-protection/etc.)?

From a testing standpoint, I have attempted to submit a new entry into the AMG database via CD Ripper (after retrieving the disc metadata from CD Text), along with ISRC codes. The application states a successful submission, however attempting to retrieve the metadata (I've tried a few times over the last 2 weeks with a few submissions) has resulted in nothing coming back.
    Regarding application setup:
    1) Perfect Meta = OFF
    2) All Media Guide = ON
    3) With CD in drive, select all tracks -> click Meta dropdown -> Retrieve From -> All Media Guide
    Result: Nothing comes back. If new submissions are not supported, then this makes sense, however if they are supported, I'm curious as to what I may be doing incorrectly.

I realize it's a lot of questions and a long post, so thanks for reading and any information. AMG has always been a bottleneck for independent artist submissions, therefore if you are making it easier for independents to submit release metadata into the AMG system that is indeed something to be celebrated.

Best & thanks in advance,
    Mike
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Question regarding AMG submission/retrieval methodology

We do not know that AMG do with submissions from dBpoweramp, I do know they do not appear automatically in their database and must be revied by an operator.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bhoar
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
      We do not know that AMG do with submissions from dBpoweramp, I do know they do not appear automatically in their database and must be revied by an operator.
      I wonder also if there's any problems with the use of perfect meta results (or edited data that started with perfectmeta results) being submitted back to one or more metadata sources. And if so, logistically or contractually?

-brendan

Comment

• MikeWells
        • Dec 2008

Hi Spoon,

Thanks for your reply. To clarify, is their review process in place for both existing and new submissions? Or is that distinction not made from your end?

Best,
        Mike

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

If PerfectMeta is used, results cannot be submitted. Spoon stated this somewhere else.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

AMG review all submissions, if you want instant in a database then submit to freedb.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MikeWells
              • Dec 2008

Thanks Spoon for your reply.

Best,
              Mike

Comment

Working...

]]>