title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Individual Bad Frame off?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goldminer
    • Nov 2008

Individual Bad Frame off?

Hi,

I have quite a large number of lightly scratched discs, they play fine in my CD player but when trying to rip some have been going to an individual bad frame limit of over 1000. This causes the rip to take quite a few hours which is not practical (it'll take a year to rip everything!)
    If I turn the individual bad frame rip to abort after 1 frame the track comes up as error but plays fine afterwards (most do anyway, some dics are unsalvageable)
    Is there any point in having Ultra Secure passes if you don't the have individual frame re-rip? are they just looking for bad frames or actually error correcting as they go - would burst mode be just as accurate?
    Thankyou.
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Individual Bad Frame off?

What drive manufacturer, model and firmware version?

-brendan

Comment

• Goldminer
      • Nov 2008

Hi,

It's a Pioneer DVD-RW212 ATA.
      As far as I can find out the driver is version 6.0.6001.18000.

I'm not partricularly tech savvy so i hope this was what you wanted. On clean or even relatively clear discs it performs fine but a lot of my older music is very scratched - curtesy of not being returned to cases and just left in a pile.

Comment

• bhoar
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Sep 2006

In this case, enabling Ultra Secure w/o bad frame rerip is slightly better than burst.

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>