title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Missing metadata in Windows XP Pro

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • franksr
    • Oct 2008

Missing metadata in Windows XP Pro

I ripped over 400 CD's to Flac files using dbPoweramp and found the application worked great. I have one problem I can't figure out. Previously, using Windows XP Pro when I held my mouse over a Flac file Windows popped up and displayed the attached metadata. Also, I could right-click on a Flac file and Windows gave me three tabs with other options. It no longer does this. Now, when I mouse over the file the system only shows that it's a Flac file and displays the size. Also, when right clicking on the file, two of the three tabs are gone. As far as I know, the only change that occured was that about half-way through ripping the CD's I purchased dbPoweramp. It's got me totally stumped. Any ideas?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Missing metadata in Windows XP Pro

Uninstall all dBpoweramp, reboot windows and reinstall dbpoweramp.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

The pop-up you are seeing is a Windows pop-up, not the dBpoweramp pop-up. That pop-up always says "dBpoweramp" at the bottom.

Comment

• franksr
        • Oct 2008

Thanks for the responses. Spoon, I didn't keep the original downloaded dbPoweramp file. I'll have to download it again. How will this affect my subscription?

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

It shouldn't affect it at all in regards to your registered version, but I am not 100% sure of how it will affect the PerfectMeta subscription.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You can activate PerfectMeta from where you download your registered version.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>