title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Slow Ripping

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sitrus
    • Nov 2008

Slow Ripping

Hi Again.

I'm having a little problem, which i think you might have an answer to.

Right now i am ripping a Metallica cd into Flac on Level 5 - Right now it has finished 8/12 tracks, and it has taken 19 minutes and 30 seconds. Can this be real ?

I can see that after each track, the encoder starts to compress, and at the same time, it starts to rip the next track. But the encoder stucks on 99% for a really long time, before turning to 100% for a half a minute or so. And afterwards it is taking some time for it to start rip the next number.

What have i set up wrong ? Can it be the multi encoder function which is fuc.i.. it up ? Or do you have an idea ?
  • sitrus
    • Nov 2008

Re: Slow Ripping

Btw. i have tried to set the encoder priority to normal. below and idle.. nothing changes.

Can dbpoweramp be set up to rip all the tracks before starting the encoding process ?

Comment

• sitrus
      • Nov 2008

done ripping.. Took 29 minutes..

998 Cd's to go.... :yawn:

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is the ripping (I am thinking) not the flac encoding which is slowing down, select 'test conversion' that has no encoding and shows the ripping speed.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• sitrus
          • Nov 2008

The test conversion took 4 minutes and 25 seconds with all tracks accurate. i think it's the encoding then.

What can be done ?

Comment

• sitrus
            • Nov 2008

Problem Solved.

Think it was some conflicts between an old flac encoder and a new one installed on my com. Updated the codec in DB and then removed the one installed.

Now the only problem is, that it rips cd's too fast, hehe. the Encoder cant follw the ripping, so after a while the drive spins down, and it results in an inaccurate rip because of the time it takes to spin up. I tried to set maximum read speed, but it can only be set to 24x or maximum. I think 15x would fit.

Is there a solution to this ?

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Set a spin up time in options.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>