title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

ID tags but no album art

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brannett
    • Sep 2008

ID tags but no album art

ive just finished ripping all my cds...i have them all tagged but none have album art...i forgot to activate the AMG im guessing?!...

anyways....is there a way i could rerun the whole batch again (i have a robot) and get it just to rip for example 1 track (or 0 tracks even) so as to create the folder again but this time with the album art in it...and i could then write some macro im sure to splice the folder art from the rerun to the original ripped wavs

many thanks

brannett
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: ID tags but no album art

What audio format did you rip to?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brannett
      • Sep 2008

hello mr spoon...thank you so much for this great product

wavs

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

For Robot ripping (using batch ripper)?

There would be no way of stopping it after the first track, or are you using the robot manually?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• brannett
          • Sep 2008

yep i was using batch ripper....i see if i hit cancel each time after the metadata and album art are retrieved for a disc - this would work but means sitting by the machine and interacting with it all the while...possibly just easier to re rip everything from scratch!....eek!

theres no other workaround possible?....thought that perhaps the rip being a wav some players would recognise the album and drag art from internet from me?

thanks again tho'...you learn by your mistakes i guess
          brannett

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Support for wav and embedded album art is not that great - dbpoweramp will write a Wav LIST chunk which cannot have album art, also a id3 embedded frame which can, also folder.jpg

I do not see any work around other than re-ripping.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kahout
              • Nov 2008

I am a novice but have found that iTunes can search for cover artwork. You can manually add your own by selecting all tracks pertaining to a CD and then edit the tag to include the missing artwork. This is not an easy solution for a large catalog of CDs but is helpful enough for iPod use.

Comment

Working...

]]>