title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Strange secure rip behaviour, please advise

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dvdr
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2008

Strange secure rip behaviour, please advise

Hi
    I have a Samsung X10 Laptop with a built in Combo drive and a Plextor PX W1210TA in my "big" computer. Both drives support C2, the laptop one does not cache, the plextor caches, but has FUA-support.

When I rip the identical CD (confidence 195 in AR!!!!) in those drives, the Laptop-rip always uses 3 reads: 1 AR + 2 Ultra Secure ones.
    The Plextor stops after 1 AR-rip and NEVER goes into secure rip!

I read all the explanations on dBpoweramp's idea of ripping, but I just don't get this:
    both drives have C2-support, are accuratestream-capable, set to the proper read offset and the secure settings in dBpoweramp are the same.

How comes, that in the Laptop (even without individual frame rerips according to the log) I always get 3 reads, and with the Plextor only one? As far as I understood, with C2 support, there should be only 1 rip, if the CRCs match on the AR-Database, and only if there's no matches or other problems, secure rip should occur.

So: what's happening here?
    Thanks for the help!
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: Strange secure rip behaviour, please advise

And both are giving matching AR results?

Post the logs on the second drive.

-brendan

Comment

Working...

]]>