title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

DBPA or EAC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CakeOrDeath
    • Oct 2008

DBPA or EAC

Which do you prefer and why?
  • bhoar
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2006

Re: DBPA or EAC

Originally posted by CakeOrDeath
    Which do you prefer and why?
    dbpoweramp:

1. Assuming a properly functioning drive with the right feature set: the combination of the C2 error flag detection, configurable ultra passes and the overall re-read algorithm/strategy implemented in dbpa, you will generally have better luck dealing with problematic discs.

2. Robotic support and my army of robots.

3. The Perfectmeta feature, should I need to use it.

4. Significant development resources (spoons hours) continue to be allocated.

-brendan

Comment

• Thg6276
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2008

I have used a long time Eac and I've decided to re-rip all my cds with an other format (flac --> lossless). I have studied as you what program to use for that. I have downloaded firstly a DBP trial version and sincerely it is more easier to use DBP than EAC (it is my own opinion of course). All the cds ripped are compared with Accurate Rip so you can know if the rip is perfect or not. And you can add a cover art very simply (not possible to add this with Eac). Now I've a registered version of DBP. And, an other important thing, this forum is very active and there is always somebody to help you. As a newbie, I have asked really some stupid questions! And the last but not the least, the developer Spoon is working all the day & all the night to ameliorate his program! So as you can see I am a new enthusiastic user of DBP.
      Last edited by Thg6276; October 09, 2008, 08:52 PM.

Comment

• Porcus
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2007

You are pretty sure to get a bias towards dBpoweramp in here -- the benefit of home ground

I have ripped some 6000 to 7000 CDs with dBpoweramp because it was easier to set up batch ripping (see my signature) -- and the metadata capability is, while not yet perfect, second to none, which is a tremendous advantage for someone who loads a changer 200 CDs full, starts it and leaves it to rip for three days.

The pros and cons of either application are pretty clear in my setup. If I'd had 6000 more CDs, I would have hacked together a combination which called either program and compared bits.

Pro dBp:
        - Metadata! Metadata! Metadata! Metadata!
        - Accuracy on some drives (not including mine, unfortunately)
        - Ease (YMMV) -- and I think it is also a bit quicker, but haven't tested rigorously.

Pro EAC:
        - Accuracy on some drives (including mine)
        - Fixes certain issues that dBpoweramp does not, like CDs with pre-emphasis (I am still annoyed that dBp does not even log a warning. Are you listening, Spoon?)
        - Supports single-file-plus-cuesheet.
        - Free of charge with full functionality.

As for customer support, I won't judge one better than the other. On one hand EAC has a wider user-base, so you are more likely to get a quick reply from someone at the EAC forum or Hydrogenaudio; on the other hand, this is a smaller community with far better chances of getting an accurate answer the dBp developer himself.

Comment

Working...

]]>