title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Hidden track not read

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Luuk
    • Aug 2007

Hidden track not read

I am trying to rip a hidden track on Lyle Lovett's Road to Ensenada. dbPowerAmp CDRipper correctly identifies the track as the last one (13) and provides the title. But its length is marked as 0 and the estimated size as 16Kb. Whether or not I activate Audio CD Silent Track and/or Audio CD Hidden Track seems to make no difference. I just end up with a 16kb track. What can/should be done?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Hidden track not read

How does a normal cd player see the hidden track?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Luuk
      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      How does a normal cd player see the hidden track?
      It esees the track but when I go to it directly it won't play it. If I play the previous track to the end, the player switches to the last track (shows 13 on display), there is a very long pause and then the track plays.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Not like any hidden track I have seen (normally they are track 0). You might be able to manually rip it with the Rip AS One, try extending the end of the disc (you will need a cd reader which can read into the lead out).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

I've seen this behavior a few times before, if playing on a player with a timer, it will show a negative counter that counts towards zero. In my experience, dMC puts this data on the track before, so in your case, the data would be added to the end of track 12. However, I can't remember offhand which of my CDs did this to test.

Comment

• Thg6276
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Aug 2008

Just for my information. Is all cd reader can read into the lead out. I would like to know if mine is able or not to do it.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

No, all CD drives are NOT able to read into the leadin/leadout. An easy way to test is to rip the last track of a CD with logging turned on, then look at the log. If the drive cannot read into the lead-out, there will be errors there.

Comment

• Thg6276
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Aug 2008

Thanks - And if it is able to do it, it is better to rip with or without the lead-out?

Comment

Working...

]]>