title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

edit song title in CD ripper needs improvement

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • blueguitarbob
    • Oct 2008

edit song title in CD ripper needs improvement

This rarely comes up, because PerfectMeta does a nice job of finding CD metadata for almost all CDs in my collection. But occasionally, I have to enter CD data manually. The process for entering song titles is not very intuitive, and I suggest a revision to make it more user-friendly.

When a CD is not recognized, all the titles are placeholders (Title 1, Title 2, etc.). Double-clicking on a title should bring up an edit box with the placeholder title selected, and it does... sometimes. Most of the time, it starts playing the song, which is an odd behavior for a double-click on the title. I could understand that behavior if I were double-clicking on the little CD icon to the left of the title... but a double-click on a text field should bring up a text editor.

Also, when I get an editor up and finish editing the title, clicking the tab key does nothing. It should take me to the next title, with the placeholder title selected in the editor box.

If the behavior was as I suggest, inputting the CD data for an unrecognized CD would be easy and quick. Once you select the first title, your hands would never need to leave the keyboard. As it is, however, it is a clunky experience in an otherwise superior app.
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: edit song title in CD ripper needs improvement

Press F2 after single-clicking the title to edit it. When you want to go to the next title, press "Enter".

Comment

Working...

]]>