title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Some questions for a newbie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bjorn
    • Aug 2008

Some questions for a newbie

1.When I get inacurate with tracks, I normally re-rip them. With Vista I'm not able to choose overwrite. The system starts to load and never ends. Do I need to turn something off in Vista to get this to work. It doesn't happen with XP.

2. How important is do use secure on disc that are not scatched?

3. Need help to set up secure. I have a LG GGC-H20L (Blu-ray/HD-DVD) drive.

a) When is it important to enable ultra secure?
    b) Should I change individual bad frames and drive speed to anything?
    c) When checking driver read cache, I get a confirmation that it's supported and it's set to 39KB. Does this sound ok?
    d) I've both clear cache with FUA and C2 error pointers for error detection hooked after detecting
    e) Any recommends for secure rip abort and is it advisable to use interpolate uncoverable frames?
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Some questions for a newbie

2. I always use Secure due to the log-writing feature, so if you want logs stating what is and is not accurate, you can always use it.
    3. a) If a CD is in bad condition, IMO
    b) leave drive speed to "max"
    c) That should be fine.
    d) FUA is normally only supported by Plextor drives, so leave that off. C2 should be fine.
    e) depends on how much you want dMC to try to rip the track, and personally I have interpolate off.

Comment

• bjorn
      • Aug 2008

Thank you.

Do you have any idea why I'm not able to overwrite files when I use Vista 32-bit?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Something has the file open, perhaps a virus checker? (try manually deleting one of the files).
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bjorn
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
          Something has the file open, perhaps a virus checker? (try manually deleting one of the files).
          I tried manually deleting one of the tracks. It worked with that CD and I was able to overwrite. Tried another one, and it didn't work.
          Also tried to disable my antivirus program (NOD32), but it didn't help. I don't have any other programs open.

Also another question about secure ripping. Just tried two CDs that have no scratches. With burst I get accurate with every track. Using secure, however, gives me insecure with all tracks. Does that mean my settings for secure are wrong? I unchecked the FUA since I don't have a plextor.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Try unchecking c2 pointers, certain drives are very poor with c2 pointers.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bjorn
              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Spoon
              Try unchecking c2 pointers, certain drives are very poor with c2 pointers.
              Tried that. Know I get: a red X AR and Secure behind. Sounds good?

Is there a point of getting a better writer? What do you recommend?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

A different writer would give different results, but really if C2 is not used and no FUA, the ripping in Secure and Burst are the same for the first pass and should both give identical results.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>