title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Some way to auto-increment disc?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdclose
    • Sep 2007

Some way to auto-increment disc?

Hi,

I rip audiobooks on CD a lot. They are very rarely in the meta databases, and they typically come on ~10 discs. I have the Reference version, and I am wondering if there's some way to use cd ripper (or batch ripper) to automatically increment the disc number, so I can basically feed it discs and it will rip the first one as d01-t*.mp3, the second as d02-t*.mp3, etc.

I have all the tags and settings to do this, only I must enter the disc number manually. It would also be nice to have a way to specify the title and artist for the "session" (all of the discs), but that is secondary.

Any ideas?

Paul
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Some way to auto-increment disc?

Try the naming value [unique]
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pdclose
      • Sep 2007

I notice the batch ripper has the concept of discs within the ripping session. Would it be possible to make this available as a custom tag, like "batchdisc"? No hurry, and I realize this is not a common need

In the meantime unique seems to work for disc number. Is it guaranteed to always increase? Or is it more of a random order? My discs don't have to start at one, but I want them to be in order.

Thanks,
      Paul

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

CD Ripper >> Options >> Meta & ID Tag Options and enable

BatchDiscNumber
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Porcus
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Feb 2007

Actually, as long as you have 9 or less, you can use Windows' internal "batch renaming" scheme. Test it out as follows:

-> create a few files or folders
          -> sort them by time
          -> highlight the first one
          -> hold down shift, press downarrow until you have highlighted them all
          -> press F2 and change name

Notice what happens if you highlight the last and move up, or if you switch sort order. You want the order where the most recent one shows up without numbering, so that they are ordered
          blah-blah-blah (1)
          blah-blah-blah (2)
          blah-blah-blah (3)
          blah-blah-blah (7)
          blah-blah-blah

... then manually add an "8" to the latter.

Comment

• pdclose
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
            BatchDiscNumber
            Excellent! That's all I was looking for...

Now I can set name to something like [tag]BatchName[]\d[tag]BatchDiscNumber[]-t[track].mp3.

Thanks!
            Paul

Comment

• pdclose
              • Sep 2007

I just wanted to follow up to my own thread and say ... Wow! Batch ripper, even with just one drive, is awesome for my needs. I can let the batch ripper run while I play a game or web surf, and I just have to feed discs every few minutes. Batch name and Batch disc number are all I need to name the discs, so I don't even have to worry about tagging.

Thanks Spoon, for an awesome addition to the Reference edition!

Paul

Comment

Working...

]]>