title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripping Speed (Oh no, not again...)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kilmatead
    • Jul 2008

Ripping Speed (Oh no, not again...)

I'm not having a problem, per se, this is more of an observational question.

Are there some specific criteria (outside of ripping settings) which must be met before the drive kicks in to higher speeds? I realise the speed always starts out slow and builds as it goes (generally), but mine seems somewhat schizophrenic - always starting out at x6, and after one or two tracks will kick up to x33 or so, which is fine. Some CD's however, just refuse to ever go faster than x8 or so... these are new/out-of-the-case media, no scratches, no fingerprints, visually "perfect". Yes, ok, "visually" perfect doesn't mean much, but you know what I mean.

Like I said, it isn't a problem, it's just really odd that one CD will take a normal 5-6 minutes (give or take) at full speed and the next will take 15 minutes. I assume there might be some small discrepancy detected, so the programme intentionally slows the drive down?

One must suppress the inclination to give it a good smack, as one would an old television, when it's acting up. :smile2:
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Ripping Speed (Oh no, not again...)

Many drives are like that, they set a maximum speed based on the last track read quality.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>