title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

What does the confidence number mean?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • texasflood
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Jul 2008

What does the confidence number mean?

What does the confidence number in parenthesis next to ACCURATE mean? I've gotten numbers from 1 through 24. Also, when ripping I occasionally get INACCURATE with a confidence number. These are followed by a green checkmark and SECURE. Is this a good rip or not? To have INACCURATE and SECURE on the same rip is a bit confusing.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: What does the confidence number mean?

The numbers are confidence levels, the number of other people who agree / disagree with your rip.

If one track says inaccurate (4 or higher) and all the other tracks are accurate then it is likely there was an error.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• texasflood
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jul 2008

So, if under RIP STATUS for all tracks on a particular CD, it has a red X, AR (3), then a green checkmark, SECURE, that would indicate track errors? Can any adjustments be made to alleviate this, because the CD is spotless and I don't know why it would have errors?

Comment

• EliC
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

This means that the pressing of that disc is not in the accuraterip database, but since all the tracks are secure, you most likely have a good rip. Hopefully AccurateRip 2 will be released soon as it will solve the different pressings problem.

Comment

• texasflood
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Jul 2008

Thanks. I've listened to it several times and can't detect any errors. So, if you can't hear it I guess it doesn't matter if it's there or not.

Comment

Working...

]]>