title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

All rips Inaccurate - drive problem?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mint
    • Jan 2007

All rips Inaccurate - drive problem?

All of my rips are coming up as Inaccurate (secure). I think something is wrong with my drive or offset, but I don't know how to recalculate the offset of the drive. I've ripped 20+ cd's, so I know it's not just that I have a different pressing than those stored in accurate rip.
    Thanks for the help.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: All rips Inaccurate - drive problem?

Have a look at the drive offset and compare to the ones on accuraterip.com
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mint
      • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Spoon
      Have a look at the drive offset and compare to the ones on accuraterip.com
      I did that. The offset is identical to the one online. After I recalculate the offset with three discs, my first rip usually comes up normal as far as accurate rip is concerned. (most tracks are ripped accurately) All rips after that come up as inaccurate but secure.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What if you rip the first disc again, does it come up accurate? what happens if you reboot the computer?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• bmacnaughton
          • Oct 2006

I get the same problem at times. I go back to known CDs, rip, and they are accurate. I usually see the problem with CDs that have been reissued in one form or another. For example, a whole series of Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds have an additional copyright of 1996, and all of these fail.

Is there some way that accurate can keep track of alternate pressings once more than one CD has come up with a consistent set of signatures?

Also, as an aside, it would be great if I could somehow find previous pressings to buy. I'm not sure how accuraterip could turn that into revenue, but it seems like there is some way.

Comment

• EliC
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

AccurateRip 2, which hopefully will be released soon, should fix the problem with different pressings

Comment

Working...

]]>