title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripped one track twice on two different rippers (inaccurate)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • haibane
    • Apr 2008

Re: Ripped one track twice on two different rippers (inaccurate)

So I switched to track 14 cause track 13 is now giving me just ERROR... and track 14 is ripping at x0.1. What is going on?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

No computer should BSOD doing any CD Ripping, I would try programs which stress test the computer.
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haibane
        • Apr 2008

Well I did just recently switch to the beta. Should that be an issue? I have ran many stress test programs recently that have had no issues.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

No, or put another way, on my computer there is no code I could write that would cause a BSOD, even if I tried (as long as I don't write a driver).
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haibane
            • Apr 2008

hmm. Well I am running on vista 32 bit. I have two cd drives. The plextor is the second. I upgraded the firmware to 1.03 via the compatability test on plextor's page. I let vista install the driver. What else? Could it be a faulty drive? The eric clapton cd does have some sort of ring around it towards the edges. Is this copy protection? Is it possible since I have been ripping it all day yesterday it needed a break?

Comment

• haibane
              • Apr 2008

One thing I wonder though is why is it dropping to 1.5x and such on the disc...?

Comment

• haibane
                • Apr 2008

Appears to have made it to frame by frame ripping. It might be working ok then.

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

No CD disc should effect a cd drive, but I am sure there are bugs in drive firmwares which causes them to drop out.
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• haibane
                    • Apr 2008

Guess that disc just had a few bad scratches. Its weird cause the track plays fine till the last 10 seconds or so then skips throughout that whole part, but the last track just after that is shot bsically. Odd how the first of the two had something like 7000 frames to repair. Oh well it didn't finish anyhow

Comment

Working...

]]>