title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No album folder?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uglijimus
    • Apr 2008

No album folder?

Whenever I rip a CD, it always creates a folder for the artist automatically which is good, but it never creates a folder for the album. (like Windows Media player does). It's really not too much of a big deal as I can always create a folder to put the flac file in, but I was just wondering if I was doing something wrong.

thanks
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: No album folder?

Check out the bottom left hand side of the CD Ripper Window and the Naming field just under the Path field.

Comment

• uglijimus
      • Apr 2008

Mine is set at Dynamic Artist Folder. I tried selecting different elements, but I actually got rid of any folders coming out at all!? What should I do to get both folders (the artist folder AND the album folder within that?

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Try copying this into the naming convention on the bottom left of ripper screen. the "path" just above it should be where you want all your subdirectories to reside (the parent directory). Mine is D:\FLAC\

Code:
        [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][]
        What this will get you is:

Non compilations:

D:/FLAC/artist/album/track#-title
        or
        D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 1/track#-title
        D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 2/track#-title

For compilation disks:

D:/FLAC/compilations/album/track#-title
        or
        D:/FLAC/compilations/album/disc 1/track#-title

Comment

• uglijimus
          • Apr 2008

thanks garym, worked like a charm!!

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Also, when I convert from FLAC to mp3 using the music converter or batch converter program, I use the following in the dynamic output location with the top folder now being set as D:\MP3. This way, my mp3 files are organized in exactly the same manner as my original FLAC files.

Code:
            [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath]\[origfilename][]

Comment

• vance43211
              • Apr 2008

Originally posted by garym
              Try copying this into the naming convention on the bottom left of ripper screen. the "path" just above it should be where you want all your subdirectories to reside (the parent directory). Mine is D:\FLAC\

Code:
              [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][][IF!COMP][artist]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track]-[title]-[album][IFMULTI]-Disc[disc][]-[artist][]
              What this will get you is:

Non compilations:

D:/FLAC/artist/album/track#-title
              or
              D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 1/track#-title
              D:/FLAC/artist/album/disc 2/track#-title

For compilation disks:

D:/FLAC/compilations/album/track#-title
              or
              D:/FLAC/compilations/album/disc 1/track#-title
              this should be the default setting. most media player are recognize the first cover.jpg as album art so you will get the wrong picture when you rip multiple albums in the same folder.

the ipod does the same thing. I'm not trippin though. wrong album art is better than none

Comment

Working...

]]>