title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• garym
    replied
    Re: Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

dynamic naming string set to this:

[artist]\[album]\[IFMULTI]\[disc].[][track] [title]

I use a more detailed version that deals automatically with whether the album is a compilation, whether album artist value exists and whether a multidisk (but in my case, I have separate subdirectories for each sub disk)
    [IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][]

Leave a comment:

• Azuse
    replied

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've traced the issue to a recent update of BitDefender. It was intermittent while disabled but uninstalling it completely solves the issue.

I have one final question. I'm trying to add disc and track numbers to the title tag using the following rule:

IF Track=[anyvalue]
    SET Title=[Disc].[Track] [Title]

however I only want the disc number to appear on multi disc albums e.g.

Single disc:
    01 track title
    02 track title etc.

Multi disc:
    1.01 track title
    1.02 track title

2.01 track title
    2.02 track title etc

How can I do this?

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

As a test, create an mp3 copy of your library, with a low bitrate. Then try to replaygain those mp3 files, if it sticks you can email those mp3s to us so we can try to reproduce.

Leave a comment:

• Azuse
    replied

Have now tried that while applying replay gain to 20 albums in flac format. All files deleted successfully.

Of the albums in the batch all had track gain and peak tags written, however only the first 12 albums had album gain and peak tags i.e. the 13th to 20th albums had no album gain tags. Whatever is causing the process to hang/fail occurred after album number 12 :/

Task manager still required to kill the process. Is there any way to create logs I could post?

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

Whilst it is stuck, select the folder of files and send them to the recycle bin, this will show which file it is stuck on (as this file will not be able to be deleted).

Leave a comment:

• Azuse
    replied

Local C drive (ssd), it's been in the system just over a year.

Leave a comment:

• Spoon
    replied

Where are the files stored? locally or on a NAS?

Leave a comment:

• Azuse
    started a topic Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

Replay Gain R5 Hangs 'Finalizing DSP Effects'

Hi,

I recently updated dbpoweramp from 15.3 directly to 16.1. Yesterday I tried converting about 30 (flac) albums to mp3 (lame) with replay gain (R5) R128 added. Although the conversion finished, well the cores animation completed at least, it hang 'Finalizing DSP Effects'. Task manager showed ~30% cpu utilisation and was required to kill the process. I ran the conversion before bed, so it was stuck for a good 8 hours.

Testing today I discovered just applying replay-gain alone in small batches of 10 albums (folders) it runs without issues but groups of 18-19 hang. Varying the utility codecs parameters appears to have no effect, nor does disabling my AV. Settings were R128, target of -23 and preserve date.

I've been using batch converter on the laptop since 14.3 and never once had a single problem, and I apply replay-gain to every file I transcode.

Has this been encountered before?
Working...

]]>